Combat Sports Performance
“Champions do consistently what others do occasionally”
From Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to Muay Thai Kickboxing, Judo to MMA, and everything in between, combat sports are growing in popularity among the mainstream. Fighters and combat athletes require a unique set of physical abilities, and possibly the most diverse skill set of any athlete. Unfortunately, most of these sports are extremely behind the times when it comes to performance training.
Due to the traditional nature of these sports, mixed with the tough guy “if it doesn’t hurt it’s not working” mentality of many fighters and coaches, combat athletes are arguably the most over trained athletes out there. With the growing popularity of the UFC, and the recent cancellation of dozens of fights due to injuries sustained in training, we are beginning to see a paradigm shift that will reinvent what it means to be a combat athlete in the near future.
“Train Smarter, Not Harder”
The age of the athlete is already upon us. Fighters with a well-rounded skill set and high level of athleticism are replacing the old school traditionalist. Athletes like TJ Dillashaw, Jon Jones, Connor McGregor, and Anthony Pettis are prime examples of what an MMA star will look like in the future. A well balanced strength & conditioning program, training schedule, recovery plan, and nutrition guidance are paramount to improving athletic performance and keeping fighters on the mat.
Coach PJ’s extensive experience training and competing in combat sports, mixed with his expertise in maximizing human performance and a progressive training philosophy, have led to his rapid rise into the upper echelon of combat sports performance coaches.
Coach PJ’s Combat Sports Training Program Includes:
- Fighter evaluation and injury screening
- Training schedule review and planning
- Recovery & regeneration education and customized strategies
- Nutrition and supplement guidance
- Advanced training methods to improve speed, power & strength that translates into the cage
- Individualized training programs designed to peak athletes on fight night
- Energy system development to keep you fighting through the final bell
- Customized injury prevention programs